Westminster think tank, July 16th
The IEA is taking part in an expert panel as two cross party think tanks combine to discuss big data and climate change services and emerging technology, in Westminster on July 16.
The All Party Parliamentary Groups on Data Analytics and on Climate Change are bringing together a panel of leading figures from the IEA, Parliament and Westminster, to discuss how we are using big data and open data to deliver solutions to problems posed by climate change, as well as how Britain can become a world leader in this emerging field.
With £2.9m funding recently announced by the UK Space Agency’s International Partnership Programme for Phase 2 of the IEA’s cutting edge renewable energy planning platform, RE-SAT, Climate Programme Manager Dr Maria Noguer will represent the IEA.
This is of particular interest to businesses looking for support in addressing challenges presented by climate change and exploring the opportunities to access the IEA’s expertise in the field of climate services, including renewable energy, infrastructure and agriculture.
The full list of speakers is:
- Daniel Zeichner MP: Chair, All Party Parliamentary Group on Data Analytics
- Dr Maria Noguer: Climate Programme Manager, Institute for Environmental Analytics
- Mark Webb: Research Scientist, Met Office
- Marieke Beckmann: Research Lead, Energy and Environment, National Physical Laboratory
- Antoinette Sandbach MP: Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (TBC)
Read more about RE-SAT here.